Few months ago, I had the opportunity to join Deezer Team to build apps on the Microsoft platform. After a little public preview of the app during Microsoft TechDays 2013 keynote (at 11m50s), Deezer for Windows 8 app is live, on the Windows Store (excluding United States, China, India and Japan, as the service is not open in these countries).
Don’t have time? See the main features in this 50 seconds video.
With this app, you’ll be able to:
- listen all your favorites albums and playlists,
- Discover new artists each weeks with the Deezer Picks, and a special playlist Deezer 10 (10 tracks each week). These recommendations are not computer-generated, but selected by the editorial team in each country. These music-lovers listen new albums every day in a number of countries, so these picks are different in France, Spain or Australia,
- Reorganize your current track list with touch (or mouse),
- Search for any track, album or artist, from any place in the app, just by typing something on your keyboard,
- Enjoy unlimited by-style, festivals and partnerships radios.
Open for everyone, even if you’re not a subscriber
Deezer for Windows Store app is available for everyone with a Premium+ or Premium subscription, and even without any subscription. Only the Premium+ subscribers can enjoy unlimited music listening, but everyone can discover the app, listen all radios in unlimited (with audio ads) and the first 30 seconds of any tracks.
Works on Surface RT and ARM tablets
Deezer for Windows Store works on every type of Windows 8 devices: PC, touch notebooks and tablets. We have worked hard to get a great experience on all this range of devices, whenever you’re on touch screen or a mice.